Why You Can Barely Get the Basics Done Postpartum (or way beyond)Nov 23, 2023
Welcome to the Postpartum Coach Podcast, where I'm your host, Lizzie Langston, a mom of three and a certified life coach. Today, I'm walking through my neighborhood in Arizona, wearing a cozy Taylor Swift sweater with butterflies and album names. It's a Wednesday evening, a time I reserve for deep creativity.
Before diving in, I received a touching email from a listener sharing her struggles with antenatal depression and anxiety. It's messages like these that remind me why I do what I do. It's heartwarming to know the podcast is making a positive impact.
Now, let me share some recent happenings in my life. I had a moment of despair recently, reflecting on my emergency C-section and the challenges in my postpartum recovery. I opened up about the physical changes, diastasis recti, and the emotional toll it takes. Many moms can relate to feeling paralyzed and frozen, swinging between acceptance and devastation.
I introduced the concept of a "functional freeze" in the nervous system, a state where you carry out daily tasks while being emotionally affected. Drawing from the expertise of Irene Lyon, a nervous system expert, I explained how stress and trauma impact our emotions, hormones, and overall well-being.
As a postpartum coach, I bridge the gap between technical nervous system knowledge and practical, day-to-day experiences of being a mom. I discussed my upcoming online course, the Postpartum Freedom Online Course, designed to address various postpartum challenges, from nervous system regulation to self-talk and mind-body-spirit connection.
I encouraged listeners to explore my website for free resources and sign up for the upcoming course. My goal is to help moms find freedom from negative thoughts, stress, and emotional challenges during the postpartum period.
Expressing gratitude for the positive feedback, I urged listeners to share the podcast with others and highlighted the free consultation for those interested in my coaching services. Visit lizzielingston.com for more information and resources.
Remember, you're not alone in your postpartum journey, and I'm here to support you every step of the way.
- The episode includes a touching review from a listener who found solace in Lizzie's podcast during her pregnancy.
- Lizzie's personal experiences with postpartum recovery and challenges after a C-section.
- The concept of "functional freezes" in the nervous system is explained, detailing how it can impact daily life and emotions.
- Practical tools into three privacy levels for easy application in various situations.
- The importance of the provider's connection in healing modalities is emphasized, with Lizzie offering consultations starting in January.